See the Schedule to the right!! →
May 14, 2016
Our Irish music band of a fiddler, flutist and acoustic guitar/mandolin/banjo player, with both male and female vocals provides rich, varied Irish music that will keep you tapping your feet, dancing and singing along!
Steve brought the Capital Celtic band together in the DC area in pursuit of his dream to make beautiful music as a tribute to his Irish heritage. His great-grandfather emigrated to America from Dublin in 1869. Steve’s wife spent many years as a child competing as an Irish dancer throughout the DC area, stepping down Constitution Avenue on St. Patrick’s Day to many of the same jigs and reels that Steve performs with Capital Celtic today.
Four multi-instrumentalist with a passion for traditional folk music of Ireland and the British Isles.
Performing mainly dance music, Céol Anam Cara is known for their playing of jaunty jigs, pulsating polkas, rousing reels and an occasional sweet air.
Songs ranging from Traditional Irish sean nos, English folk revival fare and American folk mixed up with the odd original piece all help to round out the mix.
Saint Andrews Society of Mid-Maryland’s own Sam Kirby and Kandi Austin!
From dance inducing Old Time rhythms and foot stomping Irish melodies to hard-driving Bluegrass, Baltimore-based Charm City Duo creates a fresh soundscape that keeps listeners on the edge of their seats wondering where they’ll go next. The band is comprised of some of the most talented and promising young acoustic roots musicians in the country. The Duo is Patrick McAvinue on fiddle and Sean McComiskey on button accordion
Dileab Phriseil (pronounced JEE-lip FREE-shil) is Gaelic for “Precious Heritage”.
Dileab Phriseil (Gaelic for “Precious Heritage”) is an ensemble of friends that formed from a church group and features traditional songs of Scotland and Ireland in English and Gaelic.
Dileab Phriseil has recently performed at the Maryland Renaissance Festival, The Chesapeake Celtic Fest, Liam Flynn’s Ale House in Baltimore, and the Maryland Irish Festival.
Our band members!
- Scott: whistles, percussion, vocals (Scot Gaelic) – Hendersonville, TN (when he was an infant, he was a neighbor of Johnny Cash!)
- Kelli: fiddle, vocals – Akins, Oklahoma! (Yes indeed the exclamation point is mandatory so we are told)
- Gene: guitar – Stamford, Connecticut (and he isn’t a hedge fund manager)
- Gary: mandolin – Naugatuck, Connecticut (try that on your spell checker!)
- JP: bass, vocals – Cinnaminson, NJ (Springsteen didn’t pick up his option so we swooped in and got him)
And our very own JP has a couple of CDs of Irish immigrant songs from the US. Check them out at www.antiquemusic.net
- Phill: guitars, vocals (Irish Gaelic) – PA, NJ, MD, VA (It’s complicated so don’t ask unless you have a lot of time)
- Sue: percussion – Ellicott City, Maryland (finally, a real Maryland hometown girl, hon)